Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Life lately(Update of October and beginning of NOvember

Fall has begun! Can't say I'm overly excited for that fact. Fall brings so much change including the weather...I am just a sunshine-lovin girl. SO it's hard to walk outside and have the sun be invisible meanwhile the cold weather is completely tangible...but surprisingly the past few days have been BEAUTIFUL. get this...yesterday I sat outside doing GBC homework..and I...got...a.....SUNTAN! YAYYY!!can you believe it? Only in Tennessee:)
Anyway. I doubt any of you care about the weather. Or even want to read about it. I guess IM trying to get away from the fact that I haven't posted since October 10...whoops?:) Time flies. And it has flown since May when I graduated High school.
Living life in this program has been..wow. There isn't one word to describe it simply...it has been full of testing, REFINING, changing, laughing, crying..and delighful, fulll of fun and spontaneity.
So EXCITING UPDATES ON THE TRIP...I want to sound like a newscaster so: THIS JUST IN:)
DRUMROLL PUH-LEASE:
....you're not drumrolling:)!
OK that's better...ehem..

*WE LEAVE SATURDAY JANUARY 26 from New Song at 6 AM!
*THEN WE TRAVEL UP TO DA ATL(THAT'S ATLANTA GEORGIA for all ya'll who ain't from the south.)
*WE depart from Atlanta airport and fly straight through Miami where we will then...
*ARRIVE IN SANTIAGO DOMINICAN REPUBLIC!!!!! ESTOY MUY EMOCIONADA( why yes, I HAVE been practicing my spanish, thank you:)

Guys. GUYS! IM going to live in a foreign country for 3 months....We leave in 2 and a half months!
Pastor John sat us down and told us all kinds of information today.
Unfortunately his sarcastic British humor shoots down every question I have:) So i can't tell you the color of the apartments(to me its very important)but what I DO know is that:
*we're located on the 6th floor of 7..the 7th is the roof where you can look over the entire city!( I cannot wait to spend my secret placce time with God there..although it may not be so secret since the other 5 team members will want to be up there too)
*ALl 6 of us are staying in one apartment. There are 5 rooms in it. Angela, Briana, and I are sharing a room. Bunkbeds and a regular bed and we will share a bathroom.
*the guys have a separate room with like 8 bunks in it because there may be other teams coming to stay with us while we're down there!
* we're each going to be responsible for cooking and cleaning..be praying for us for supernatural cooking abilities:)
uhmm hmm what else.
We will be going to teach in a local school. Different lessons on integrity and self-esteem and such..meanwhile we will slip Jesus in the personal conversations:)
A lot of the ministry we're doing will be event-oriented, doing local outreaches with music, worship, kid's ministry, and dramas, and dances...but I'll leave the dancing part to Angela and Briana and Bryan:)
OH! 50 yards from our beautiful and lovely apartment there is a marketplace, pharmacy, movie theater, and mall! Yes part of me is excited merely for the fact that those shopping places are so close, but what I am really excited for is the fact that these are the hangout places for the local youth..CHACHING! Ministry!

OH almost forgot...we come home Saturday April 26..but I'm not gonna think about that yet:)

Please be praying for me. For each of us..Angela, Brad, Colin, Bryan and Briana! Each of us arte still trusting God for His provision of money in this time...we each need a pretty substantial amount. If you can support me financially in ANY way, email me at HANNAHJETER@GMAIL.COM and I'll give you more info.

I need about $2,500 more dollars. God's gonna bring it in. I know He will. Please seek if you are to be a part of giving! Thanks for reading. My words tend to come out exactly how I think them!

Love you GUYS!!!
i will attempt to set a goal for myself and say that I will update in about 15 days..toward the middle of the month? with more updates and a post on what God is doing and changing in my life.


Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment