Friday, September 3, 2010

I never imagined in my greatest dreams that GBC would become what it has. Through this program , God has exceeded every expectation I've ever had! He has literally and figuratively blown my mind up... I no longer think or look the same.. and I am still changing. So much has happened the last 3 weeks. I'll find time to process and tell you more. But tonight I want to share something weighing heavily on my heart.....

Today we worked at second harvest food bank at New Song Woodbine. I met many people..Jones Lovely Joseph, a young woman from Haiti, Zabrata an Nahit two woman from Iran,and Christina a woman from Nashville....
but out of all of those people, a couple named Peder and Afra convicted my heart.. my life, my blindness to the world....
As I began to talk to Peder and Afra they were joyous; so bubbly and smiley...They are black, their skin is beautiful. Their teeth and smiles were so bright in contrast to their dark skin. They looked happy, although it was clear they had nothing to be happy about. there was pain in their eyes. I could read it immediately. I asked them where the came from, ad they replied Sudan. and then I asked why they moved to the US... ad his response will forever e etched in my memory.. He asked me a simple, heart-wrenching, and heartrending question.." Do you not know what is going on in my country?" I felt embarrassed, convicted, I grew red in the face as I realized that no, I had no idea what was really going on in Sudan. Peders simple question caused m heart to stir all throughout the day.
I am not aware. Clearly, my eyes and my focus and my perspective on the world and its people and God and his people needs to be changed even more... God open my eyes. get me out of this comfort.break me. use me! Mold me oh God! I want to become like putty within your hands ready to be shaped into whatever is needed! Pray that today. ALLOW HIM ACCESS! let him break the mold you have set yourself in. if we call ourselves Christians we must follow in Christs footsteps.. He was aware of the cultures around him and the troubles they were facing. So we must. How can we say we stand for Cgrist and His Kingdom if we know nothing about what is going on?
I say to you. stop it. stop being selfish. arrogant prideful self sufficient.. stop closin your eyes and turnin your face when the news comes on... we must grow in our awareness for the NATIONs and with that, we must grow to an even greater level of prayer for them. Pray for Peder and Afra who have begun new lives here with their children, and pray for those in Sudan who have not yet escaped the Hell going on there. BE RUINED FOR THE ORDINARY, and the typical. shift our focus from yourself, to God and the Earth!! I have more to say but I need sleep.. tomorrow we go to help do yardwork and hedgework at Freedom middle school! Talk to you guys soon

Please pray for:
Sudan and the war
Second Barvet Food bank( provision of food and funds)
unity within our GBC team
Mercy chikdrens clinic( provision of funds and business partners)

thank you all for our prayers!!!!:)


/// Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment